Image Map

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Last night I noticed a few bananas that were seeming a little sad. I don't like to eat bananas once they are overly ripe, I find them too sweet. But over ripe bananas are great for baking. So it was decided, I was going to make banana muffins, but I didn't want plain old banana muffins, I wanted something different. Chocolate chips weren't really doin' it for me either. And then as I was thinking, "what else goes well with banana?", I saw the peanut butter jar out of the corner of my eye! And here you have it, and self-crafted delicious muffin recipe:
You will need:
 - 1/4 cup of canola oil
 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
 - 1/2 cup of peanut butter
 - 1 egg
 - 3 bananas mashed
 - 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
 - 1/2 tsp salt
 - 1 tsp each, baking powder & baking soda

Directions:
- In a stand mixer beat the oil, sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg and the banana and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix batter or the muffins will not be fluffy.
- Grease a mini-muffin (or regular muffin) pan and spoon batter evenly in muffin cups. Bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for 15-17 minutes (22-25 minutes for regular muffins), or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days - if they even last that long!

I enjoyed these warm with butter and a glass of cold milk. They are so delicious Reggie and I almost finished them all off in 12 hours!

Things are starting to get busy in our house, as we try to clean and organize things to prepare for Pip. It's amazing how much stuff one accumulates when you can pile it in the corner and assume you'll get to it later. I have a few organization posts planned to share some of the ways we are preparing, as well as that from the stash post I didn't get to last week (I didn't forget), and another letter to Pip. So be sure to check back! Oh and if you missed the news, it was my 1 year blog anniversary on Sunday, and there is a big giveaway going on until Saturday. Scroll down to the older post more more info :)

Happy Tuesday :)
xox

4 comments:

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)