Image Map

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

source


Happy Leap Day everyone! I'm never sure exactly what people get all excited about. I mean an extra day in February is simply so we can keep up with the earth's revolution around the sun. A full revolution takes 365 days and 6 hours, so every few years we add and extra day to our calendar to make up for those extra hours. Read more here, if you are interested.

However, I do know that some people are born and other such monumental things occur on February 29th. So when it does roll around many people take the time to celebrate! So it's kinda like one giant birthday! Happy Birthday to everyone ever born on February 29th, and Happy Leap Day to those of you who see the extra day as a happy celebration!

Since it is an extra day, perhaps we should take the time to do something special! I'm going to take Gunner for a good walk this morning, something he doesn't always get to do in the am, and see if I can't get started on spreading some positivity. More on that later today - stay tuned!

What kind of leaps are you going to take today?
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)