Chewy Cinnamon Oat Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a large bowl, beat the sugar with the butter until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Set Aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add oatmeal and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix well. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet, 1” apart. Use a fork dipped in cold water to press down (see pressed cookie in photo)
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until edges are golden (*this is for chewy cookies, if you like your cookies crunchy bake for another 3-5 minutes, but watch they don’t burn!)
- Makes about 2 dozen. This recipe doubles well; but if you want three times the amount I suggest making a second batch.
A wonderful snack for afternoon tea
A chewy favourite among my Newfoundland family!