Image Map

Friday, February 11, 2011

This one time... I kissed a Cod!

During the summer of 2009, while I was working at the Discovery Centre in Gros Morne National Park, I decided to take it upon myself to organize a staff party. I had some improv games, a few skits, some traditional music, a slide show and movie, and good food and friends. Little did I know that one of my co-workers (a local resident) took it upon himself to organize a screech-in for all the people from away. Turns out there were quite a few of us who were not yet true Newfoundlanders. He had us repeat traditional Newfoundland phrases, define some Newfenese terms, and promise to be true Newfoundlanders. We each sealed the deal by donning the appropriate attire, taking a shot of Screech and kissing the cod. It was quite the night; but don’t take my word for it, see for yourselves.


Anyone up for a shot and a kiss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)