Image Map

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beautiful Handspun from Island Sweet

September 2010 was the last time I visit my Newfoundland family. My mom travelled out there with me, and since we both get excited about arts and crafts we toured some local craft shops in the Woody Point area. My friends Joan and Charlie own Hunky Dory in Winterhouse Brook, and we stopped in there first. They have crafts from all over the Island, as well as crafts and music created by themselves. And of course we picked some things up! Then we went down the Bay to the village of Woody Point to see Molly at Molly Made; where I bought this kit from Island Sweet. She dyes and spins her wool, and adds cotton and other fibres to make these beautiful skeins of wool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)