Image Map

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chewy Cinnamon Oat Cookies

Today I decided to bake some treats, which I eluded to a few days ago. While eating my breakfast (oatmeal and granola) this morning and deciding to make some oatmeal cookies; I realized how much I like eating and baking with oatmeal. It is a great addition to baking as it adds texture, moisture, and flavour; and it's good for you!


Chewy Cinnamon Oat Cookies

1/2 cup  butter, softened
3/4 cup  packed brown sugar
1           egg
1 tsp      vanilla extract
1 cup     flour
1/2 tsp   baking powder
1/2 tsp   salt
1 tsp      cinnamon
1 cup     quick cooking rolled oats



  • Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a large bowl, beat the sugar with the butter until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Set Aside.
  • In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add oatmeal and mix.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix well.
    Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet, 1” apart. Use a fork dipped in cold water to press down (see pressed cookie in photo)
  • Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until edges are golden (*this is for chewy cookies, if you like your cookies crunchy bake for another 3-5 minutes, but watch they don’t burn!)
  • Makes about 2 dozen. This recipe doubles well; but if you want three times the amount I suggest making a second batch. 

    A wonderful snack for afternoon tea

    A chewy favourite among my Newfoundland family!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)