Image Map

Friday, August 10, 2012

In the Garden: Enjoy it!

Since we are in the height of the summer and delicious local veggies are abundant I thought I would share a simple recipe using some of the freshest ingredients. Tomatoes and basil came from my pot garden, and the cheese from the grocery store.

Caprese Salad

2-3 tomatoes, local and fresh for the best taste
Fresh Mozzarella (you can find it at your grocery store, it is also called bocconcini)
6-7 Basil leaves, fresh from the garden

Slice the tomatoes and cheese to equal thickness. Wash basil and remove leaves from stem. On a plate alternate tomato and mozzarella, adding basil among the other ingredients. To finish drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and enjoy!
I have seen this done in a bowl instead, cut the tomato and cheese into chunks and if interested add chunks of cucumber and slices of red onion. It is a fantastic, fast salad, full of flavour for the summer season!

Have you ever tried it before? What is your favourite salad?
xox


3 comments:

  1. Mmh, I love caprese salad! Looks delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Caprese is my favourite. This looks amazing. Any chance you'll have some leftover tomorrow?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super yummy. We just picked our first tomatoes this evening. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)