Image Map

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baking Challenge: Chocolate Berry Tart

The Baking Challenge started with a recipe posted by a good friend. She was unsure of how to decipher a recipe in a thrifted church cookbook, and I took it as a challenge to try it out. To see all The Baking Challenge posts, click here. And please join in and try out any that seem enticing!

Also, if you have any challenges for me please comment below or send me an e-mail. I'd love to try something for you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's treat is unexpected I know, but a couple weeks back I wanted to make a dessert for a family dinner, and just happened to have all the ingredients necessary for this delicious looking tart.
It is another Canadian Living recipe, thank goodness for that magazine and all the great recipe ideas! I changed it a little bit by only adding raspberries and blueberries, and my ganache was a little runny, but it still tasted delicious! I know it looks a little intimidating, but follow the recipe, and you will have a tasty tart staring back at you in no time!
And a little tip, when pressing the crust mixture into the pan it is helpful, I find, to use a flat bottomed object such as a glass to even out the surface. That and the baking time suggested in the recipe is likely a little long, I would watch the crust and opt to pull it out of the oven a few minutes early next. And ohh indeed there will be a next time!
In case you missed my hints above, you can find the recipe here. I would suggest giving it a go. Even my nephew who is particular about which desserts he eats, ate every last crumb on his plate! :)

xox

2 comments:

  1. *drools*

    I'm a sucker for tarts.
    I'm a sucker for chocolate.

    Why have I never thought to combine the two until now?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)