Image Map

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Helping Out Mama: with Hodgepodge Arty

While I'm waiting for baby to arrive and enjoying those first few moments once Pip has arrived I've got a few wonderful ladies looking after my blog. So grab a cup of tea, sit back, and get ready to meet some fantastic people! 
--------------------------------------------------------

Hello, beautiful readers.  I'm Karen from Hodgepodge Arty, here to share a little DIY for nursery rhyme finger puppets. Nursery rhymes are a wonderful way to sing, tell stories, and rhyme with your child - with or without a book.  And, I love the imaginative play with children that comes along with using finger puppets in addition to songs and stories.   I flipped through my beloved treasury of nursery rhymes, picked out some favorites and made some puppets for you:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...

Rain, rain, go away...

I eat my peas with honey...

Once I saw a little bird...

Bread and milk...

I could go on and on, but I've already had to edit my puppets to the ones posted above!  The possibilities are endless, so have fun making finger puppet friends - and if you have children old enough, they can make these themselves by stitching or gluing.  What are your favorite nursery rhymes?  

Be well,
Karen...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)