Image Map

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Baking Challenge: Apple Puff

The Baking Challenge started with a recipe posted by a good friend. She was unsure of how to decipher a recipe in a thrifted church cookbook, and I took it as a challenge to try it out. To see all The Baking Challenge posts, click here. And please join in and try out any that seem enticing!

Also, if you have any challenges for me please comment below or send me an e-mail. I'd love to try something for you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two weeks ago I shared the new recipe I was going to try. This one wasn't lacking in instructions, but the name and ingredient ratio made me curious as to how it would turn out.


We regularly have dinner with Reggie's family, since his sister lives down the road. And on one particular night I offered to bring dessert. Now normally I wouldn't recommend trying a new recipe when you are planning on feeding it to other people. But I felt I was fairly safe with this one.

I elected to omit the nuts, because my niece has a possible allergy. But I think it would be good with them also. And I just need to comment on how quick this little treat was to whip up, and not a crumb was left in the pan. Quick and tasty! What more can you ask for? My version was served with ice cream and maple syrup, which I suppose is about all you can ask for really.

 
 


Did you try this one out? Comment below and let me know what you thought!

And a peek into the next Challenge - Chocolate Anyone? (to be revealed on May 15th):



Thanks so much for stopping by, happy baking!
xox

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I think I'll have to try this one too. Elycia and I made the Wacky Cake recipe this weekend. Although my cookbook called it Crazy Cake. Yours is possibly more politically correct. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apple desserts. This sounds so yummy and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)