Image Map

Monday, March 14, 2011

Labrador by Day, Newfoundlander at Heart

In November Reggie and I decided we wanted an addition to our little family, and no I'm not talking about a baby; we decided to get a puppy. Gunner, a black Labrador Retriever, joined our family on November 19, 2010. At first he was so small and timid, he would barely even leave our side. Now, if there is a squirrel across the yard, or a strange person walking down the street it is hard to get (and keep) his attention.

Gunner 12 weeks, first snow!

Gunner tuckered out after playing with Auntie Hannah
So far he has been a great addition to out family. We are exploring new areas for walks, and working hard to ensure we are all trained. Reggie says that Gunner is going to be a hunting dog, retrieving ducks just as he has been bred to be. I suppose time and training will tell, but I think he is well on his way!

What kind of pup do you have?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)