Image Map

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hooked

I thought I would share my latest creation. Well, it's not totally created yet, but I'm working on it. Hooking is a slow process, and my last one took my a year and almost 7 months to complete. This time round I decided that I was going to use strips of fabric and see how I like it compared to using wool, which is what I normally use.


I have been meaning to make some coasters for a while now, but was working at finishing my parents Christmas gift. So now that is done, and I am on to the coasters. Using t-shirts I decided very early that I didn't like the t-shirt on it's own. I will be using a bit of wool to give the rugs more texture. Take a peek:


Originally I thought I would make them all the same, but I determined that would be boring (perhaps just for me). So I will use all the same colours, but to each one a different design. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.

What do you think so far?

2 comments:

  1. They look great! Does that hurt your hands??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all in fact, if I hook for too long my hands get tired, but otherwise no pain! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)