Image Map

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Relaxed

This weekend Reggie and I enjoyed some much needed time away. Gunner stayed with Reggie's parents and we left for two nights of relaxation at Sir Sam's Inn. After checking in and making our way to our room, we were greeted by these delicious chocolate covered strawberries! We relaxed for an hour or so before making our way to the dining room and enjoying a wonderful three course meal (Reggie had Potato Leek Soup, Beef Tenderloin and Apple Crisp; and I had Tiger Shrimp with a spicy sauce, Penne with Roasted Veggies and Wild Boar Sausage, and Raspberry Pannacotta). On Saturday we woke to a windy blustery day, and after having breakfast and relaxing with a movie in our room we decided to visit the ice hut for the afternoon, since it was only 30 minutes away. We made it back to the inn with time to relax and change before another amazing meal (Reggie: Venison on Parmesan Crisps, Bison with roasted veggies and potatoes, and creme brulee; Margot: Arancini (rice and cheese), Tempura battered Pacific Wild Salmon, and Strawberries and Cream). After dinner and a short rest  we finished off the evening with a visit to the Water Spa before collapsing into bed - relaxing can be exhausting!
Sunday morning greeted us bright and calm, and we finally got to see the view from our sliding door (above). We had a leisurely breakfast of Apple Cinnamon French Toast, made with Cranberry Focaccia bread, mmmmm. And since it was a nice day we decided to take a bit of a detoured trip home. And when we arrived ad Reggie's parent's house mid-afternoon Gunner was pretty excited to see us. This photo (below) is right after we all got home, and Gunner couldn't have been happier to have his parents back and be in his own space! So cute :)
Well it was a pretty wonderful weekend, and I just working on getting back into the swing of things. I am trying to plan out my days so I'm not tiring myself out, because Pip is really draining my energy. I have a day off tomorrow and have a few things to catch-up on, on my to-do list. And two days of work, and the weekend:).

Something exciting happened here on NaH recently, be sure to check back tomorrow for the announcement!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those ice houses! Great picture!! Sounds like a great weekend. Those strawberries and that menu sounds amazing. Glad you had a chance to get away and relax.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)