Image Map

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Helping the Bride: Guest Post with My Girl Thursday

So as most of you already know I am getting married, in a very short three days! And a few of my friends from around the blogoshpere have offered up some guests posts to help relieve me of my blog duties pre & post wedding. I will of course be popping in here and there, but for the next few days expect to see some lovely guest posts from some lovely people! And first up we have a real-life friend and fellow blogger Thursday!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day all you pretty people! My name is Thursday and I'm the one-lady-show behind My Girl Thursday. I'm so happy to be here with you today while Margot is enjoying one of life's very special times!

When I was considering what I would like to write about today I kept coming back to all of the happy little details that make up a wedding. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a wedding recently and at the reception I was immediately drawn to the couples unique guest 'book'. Actually it wasn't a book at all - it was a guitar! Attendees were given a silver Sharpie to sign their names and well wishes on a black guitar. How cute is that?! (I wish that I had a photo to share with you but I was taking the night off from taking photos.)

So in celebration of their fantastic idea I thought I'd share with you just some of the creative guest sign-in ideas that I've found recently. Some are diy and some you can buy. Enjoy!
What I love about many of these projects is that they can go beyond a wedding. Having a birthday/retirement/anniversary/housewarming party? There's no reason you shouldn't have a guest book there too! I find that creative elements like these really make a shindig memorable. Now let's get cracking - don't we have a party to plan?

1 comment:

  1. I love those ideas, especially the writing on the rock and the mad libs bridal card/ So cute

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)