Image Map

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Commute

During the winter I was working at an Outdoor Retail location, in Peterborough. From where I live that is about 25km drive, and it usually takes about 30minutes one-way. After about 6 months of this I was happy to return to my job with Ontario Parks; working at a park that is a little over 2km from where I live. I can walk there, or bike if I am in a bit of a hurry.
So now my commute takes me over a bridge where I can look down a river at the park where I spend most of my summer! Not bad eh? I suppose I shouldn't really complain. Most people spend hours a day in a vehicle, fighting the throngs of similarly minded people driving tin cans to and from work. Why do we do this? Lock ourselves away from the air, the trees, the weather? I'm not sure, but I know it doesn't make me happy. I am making an effort this summer to spend as much time as possible outside; learning as much as possible about my natural surroundings, in my garden, teaching campers about the wonders of the outdoors, swimming, biking, laughing, eating... there are so many other possibilities! Want to join me?

How do you get around? What do you like to do outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)