Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome 2013, here's what I have planned for you!

Well that was a bit of an unintentional blog break, but very much needed. I wound myself up just a little too tight before Christmas, getting ready for my first craft show, attempting to make all of our gifts, and of course keeping up with the Christmas Cookie Countdown - which if you follow along you noticed that I kind of disappeared after the 19th or so.

Since I faded away from the Countdown I spent my time finishing up a few Christmas gifts, visiting with family and friends, relaxing at home with my boys and dreaming about all the things I hope to accomplish in the new year. Reggie asked me recently what my resolutions for the new year are, and without hesitation I answered him:
  1. Eat more wholesome. I have always been a good eater, in my family you finished what was on your plate if you wanted dessert, and I always wanted dessert! And I mostly drink water, and tea, and I love all kinds of fruit and veggies, so I know I'm not that bad off. But with the rush of the holidays I realized how easy it is to slip into bad habits, like eating chocolate and Christmas baking for breakfast among others. So I would like to focus on eating more wholesome foods, and maybe branch out and try some new grains, fruits and veggies that I wouldn't normally pick up.
  2. Spend more time with my family. I am currently at home with Pip, but in about 4 short months I will be back at work, and I will be working a lot. So I'm really looking forward to another few months with my little guy, and hopefully when the time comes to go back to work I will be ready... I am also hoping to spend more time with my wonderful husband, I'm thinking perhaps an occasional date night would be a good plan. And of course visiting with Pip's grandparents, and other extended family is a must.
  3. Change my blogging routine. I've been lacking in motivation on the blog front lately. I have a whole post about this so I will keep it short here and promise to share more soon. Don't worry, I am not going away, just changing things up to get back some of that original motivation. :)
  4. Participate in another craft sale. Although I can't actually cross this on off the list yet, I can say that I have sent in an application to a show, and I should know in a couple weeks if I have been accepted! I will be sure to update as I know more.
  5. Find some time for me time. I am still a new mother, Pip is not yet 8 months old, and I love him to bits! But... I have always had a need for alone time, and I am finding it hard to find that time. So I'm going to work on that, not just for myself, but for the happiness of my family.
I plan to write a little more about each of these, you can expect a post for each in the next little while. What do you have planned for the New Year? I hope it is treating you well so far. I have to say I don't have any complaints as of yet :)

Now I'm off to enjoy a cup of tea and some candied almonds (a gift). Chat soon!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)