Image Map

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gingersnap Cookies


Gingersnap Cookies (I like these instead of cut-out gingerbread, partially because I'm lazy)
(gluten and nut free)

⅓ cup              unsalted butter, softened
1⅓ cup            granulated sugar
1                      egg
¼ cup              fancy molasses
2½ cups           gluten-free all purpose baking flour
1½ tsp             ground ginger
1 tsp                baking soda
1 tsp                ground cloves
1 tsp                ground cinnamon
Pinch               salt

In a large bowl beat butter with 1 cup of the sugar; beat in egg and molasses. In a separate bowl, whisk together baking flour, ginger, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and salt; stir into butter mixture to form stiff dough.

Roll dough by level 1 tbsp into balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place, 2 inches apart, on parchment lined baking sheets; press to flatten slightly.
 

Bake in 350˚F oven until edges are light golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to rack, let cool.

I actually didn’t use gluten-free flour, and I think because of that my cookies rose (my auto correct tried to tell me raised... you decide) more than they were supposed to. But as Reggie said, they still taste good, so no worries! But if you require gluten-free, this is a simple and tasty recipe! Day 24, oh my goodness we’re getting so close, I can almost see it! One more sleep! Sleep well everyone :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)