Image Map

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas with Creamy Brown Sugar Fudge

Merry Christmas everyone! Today we have the 25th recipe in 25 days, wow! I’m a little surprised I made it, but it’s been great and with so many new recipes under my belt I’m sure next year’s baking will be a breeze. The following recipe takes a little bit of time, but it is so worth it! I hope your Christmas is wonderful and full of fun! See you soon :)
Creamy Brown Sugar Fudge

Look out for the large amount of sugar below!

2 cups              packed brown sugar
1 cup               granulated sugar
1 cup               whipping cream
3 tbsp              corn syrup
2 tbsp              unsalted butter
¼ tsp               salt
Pinch               baking soda
1 tsp                vanilla

Grease bottom and side of a large heavy saucepan. Add brown and granulated sugars, cream, corn syrup, butter, salt and baking soda; stir over medium-low heat until melted.

Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil, without stirring but brushing down side of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water, until candy thermometer reaches 234˚F (112˚C), 12-14 minutes,  or softball stage (when 1 tsp dropped into cold water forms soft ball).

Dip bottom of saucepan into cold water for 1 minute. Let cool, undisturbed, on rack until lukewarm, 30 to 45 minutes.

With wooden spoon or in stand mixer with paddle, beat in vanilla; beat until thickened and just beginning to lose its gloss, 4 to 5 minutes.

Immediately scrape into parchment lined 8-inch square cake pan, spreading evenly. Let cool in pan until set, about 30 minutes.

Remove from pan. Using knife dipped into hot water, cut into 1-inch squares.

xox

** I totally forgot to post this, and to take a photo! I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I will be away for a couple days and will share a photo and my favourites when I get back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)