Image Map

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Reaching Goals with DIY Laundry Detergent

This year one of my biggest goals is to crush some debt! I have been working on spending less for a long time, and really thinking about items before I purchase them. But I want to do more. So I decided to take a look at some of the products that we use daily, and find ways to make them more affordable. The great thing about making these products at home is they are not only easy on your wallet, but they are so much better for you and your family than the conventional products.
DIY Laundry Detergent

1 cup      Castile Soap
1 cup      Sea Salt
3/4 cup   Baking Soda
6 L         Warm Water
30 drops Essential Oils (your choice, Purification, Thieves, Lemon, Lavender, Citrus Fresh all good options)

Using an up-cycled large detergent jug, measure the sea salt and baking soda and combine with water and pour into jug. Measure soap, add Essential Oils (I chose to use 10 drops each of Purification, Lavender and Lemon), and pour into the jug. Add the remaining water and shake jug gently. Use about 1/2 cup detergent for a large load of laundry.

This simple recipe works so well, smells great, and cost me less than $7 to make a large jug. This is kind of amazing, and I can't believe I didn't start doing it sooner!

Have you replaced any of the items in your home?
xox
Margot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)