Image Map

Friday, January 15, 2016

Hiatus and a Winter Warm-up!

It has been a while since I have been on here, I kept meaning to log on and share something but just couldn't find the time. I returned to work fulltime last year in March, when Emi was only 5months old. It was extremely hard, I definitely wouldn't recommend it if isn't something you have to do. But, one of the major benefits of working seasonally is an annual Hiatus. So at the end of November, I was done my fulltime contract and I finally had a little more time with the kiddos.

Now that it is January, and the Christmas rush has subsided, the kids and I are having many slow days at home. Catching up on little jobs around the house, playing in the fluffy snow, reading and watching movies, and lately enjoying lots of yummy hot chocolate. Recently Pip requested some hot chocolate, but we were out of mix. So I whipped up some hot cocoa, which we all liked immensely!

Winter Warm-up

2 big 'mugfuls' almond milk (or any milk of your choosing)
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
4 teaspoons honey (maple syrup or raw sugar work too)
1 drop of orange or peppermint Essential Oil

Warm milk in a saucepan on the stove, whisk in cocoa powder and honey pour into mugs. Add 1 drop of your preferred oil (for the adults) and mix up for a tasty treat!

I recently joined Young Living, and have to say I can't believe I didn't do it sooner! I have dabbled in Essential Oils for years now, but have never included oils in all aspects of my life. Young Living oils are therapeutic grade and 100% pure, also the only oils I would personally consume. I am steadily replacing everything in my home with essential oils, and enjoying the benefits of having them in my life!

Do you use essential oils in your home? Do you have any questions? I am happy to help!

xox
Margot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)