Image Map

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Last week, on a couple days we had off between visiting family and one of my shifts at the store, Reggie, and his parents and I decided to make an adventurous trip into the family cottage. Now might I add that this cottage is not really set-up for winter visits. But armed with wood for the wood stove, some soup to warm up and lots of warm clothes and blankets we made our way in.
The walk in was long, but it was rather warm so we didn't mind. And Reggie took his snowmobile and made numerous trips dragging our stuff behind him. The next morning we woke to beautiful fluffy snow, and rather frigid temps - and as good Canadians we made our way outside!
 
Reggie decided to try out this Norwegian Fire Log, something he saw on a youtube video - seemed to work rather well for heating water.
Later on, as we got packed and ready for our long journey home, the sun came out. Who doesn't love a bright cold winter day!?
 
I didn't make it all the way out, Reggie picked me up on his sled and I got a ride for the second half. Boy was I happy to get home and have a hot bath! It was a great couple days, and we are already talking about going up again.

Are you a winter person? Or do you stay indoors with the heat and hot chocolate?
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)