Image Map

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 5: Cookie Dough Truffles

Last year one of my guest bakers happily shared a recipe for cookie dough bites, and as delicious as those looked I was a little scared to try them. When I was small my mother told me not to eat the raw cookie dough because it might make me sick. Whether or not it's true it has scared me away from raw cookie dough (for the most-part) ever since. 

This recipe is great just for that reason, it has the wonderful sweet taste of cookie dough, without raw egg or flour. Everything is safe as is, and the fact that these delicious little treats are coated in chocolate and topped with sprinkles just makes them irresistible!

From the Robin Hood Baking Hour, you can find it here. (yes that commercial with the cute little kids!)
   
Ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 ½ cups quick cooking rolled oats
¼ tsp salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ lbs Milk, White or Dark Chocolate Bar, melted


Directions:
1. Line baking sheets with Parchment Paper.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Mix in graham cracker crumbs, oats and salt. Add sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Freeze 30 minutes, or until dough is firm. Roll dough into 1” (2.5 cm) balls and freeze 30 minutes, or until firm.
4. Dip cookie dough balls into melted chocolate to cover, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Return to baking sheet and chill in refrigerator or freezer until set. Serve cold.

Note:
To melt chocolate, bring 1-2” (2.5 cm-5 cm) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place chocolate in heat proof bowl and place bowl over boiling water. Ensure bottom of bowl does not touch the water. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 3-5 minutes and stir.


I know, delicious, I told you. Now go make some! And you better come back tomorrow, I'll be sharing a shop update and of course Day 6!

Happy Baking!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)