Image Map

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Guest Post: Iced Pumpkin Cookies with Megan


I'm so grateful to Margot for letting me share one of my favorite fall recipes today!
Living in Arizona now, I honestly haven't gotten into the "fall spirit" quite yet.
But then when I looked up this recipe again to share with all of you that "fall spirit" kicked into full gear!!
I can't wait to make these again!
And I know you will all love them too :)

Iced Pumpkin Cookies {sooooo good!}
[original recipe here]
photo (17)

Pumpkin Cookies:
Ingredients-
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions-
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside,
  3. In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture and beat until creamy.
  4. Mix in dry ingredients.
  5. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
  7. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork
To Make Glaze:
Ingredients-
  • 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions-
  1. Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
  2. Add milk as needed to achieve drizzling consistency
ENJOY!!
The first time I made these cookies I literally got sick because I ate so many
But I just couldn’t stop!
Please try them. And then you can thank me for passing along such an easy and most delicious recipe! :)

{sidenote: My husband said to try them with chocolate chips next time and then they’d be perfect. thoughts?}

And happy happy blog party, Margot!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for such a lovely recipe Megan.
Visit Megan at her Blog And Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)