Image Map

Monday, October 29, 2012

Quick Play-time Toy or Birthday Gift!

Recently my nephew turned 4 (holy cow, where does the time go!). And I wanted to make him something simple for his birthday. So I decided on play-dough. I quickly found a recipe online that seemed easy enough, and ended up with two large balls of play-dough; orange, his favourite colour, and blue, his younger sister's favourite colour.


The Recipe I used is as follows, which I found on Mommy Footprint.

Play Dough Recipe:
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
food coloring

Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a saucepan. Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 – 5 minutes. Dough will become difficult to stir and form a “clump”.  Remove from stove and knead for 5 minutes, add food coloring during kneading process. Store in an air-tight plastic container. I gifted it in a large Mason Jar, which I would assume would also work for storage.

This was a super simple recipe to follow, and I will definitely be re-visiting it when Pip is a little bit older. Actually I'm kinda itching to make some right now, nothing better than squishing play-dough between your fingers!

xox



1 comment:

  1. So fun! I think I love making play doh about as much as my toddler loves eating it/ playing with it. Thanks for the recipe!

    Http://missjoandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)