Image Map

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sustainability Through the Eyes of a Meat Eater

Today I am sharing a little of my life experience over on Oh So Nourished

I tried vegetarianism years ago, but it wasn't for me, I was unable to maintain my busy extra-curricular activities without meat in my diet. So, I went back to eating meat. But I was never very excited about it, I didn't like the idea that animals were kept in unfavourable conditions and treated poorly throughout their lives, not to mention the hormones and antibiotics which are passed on to the consumers. I tried to find healthier, organic, free-range options but something still didn't feel quite right. 
Crab and Lobster Pots. Early morning on Bonne Bay, Gros Morne Mountain in the background.
Then I had the chance to live in Newfoundland, with a local family, and see how they practice traditional activities and self-sufficient living (for a little more on that subject click here). From small scale farming (beef, chicken/eggs, pork and veggies), to harvesting local abundant animals like moose, ptarmigan and trout, animals are an important part of their life and diet...

For the rest of the article hop on over to Oh So Nourished

xox
Margot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)