Image Map

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13: White Chocolate Chai Fudge

So I originally thought this recipe would go next week, as part of the 'other' category, but I just couldn't wait to try it. And then once I made it, I just couldn't wait to share it - it qualifies as a square, right? If you like creamy fudge and chai then you will LOVE this recipe! And it is super simple :)
 
This recipe is from Canadian Living Magazine, December 2012. And can be found on their website, here.
Ingredients
1 lb white chocolate, chopped
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp each cinnamon & allspice
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1 1/2 cups chopped cashews (I totally forgot about this until I was enjoying a piece and saw the bag of cashews on the table - still delicious!)
Directions
1. In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, heat chocolate with condensed milk, cinnamon, allspice and cardamom, stirring often, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cashews.
2. Scrape into parchment paper–lined 9-inch square cake pan; smooth top. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
3. Transfer to cutting board; remove paper. Cut into squares. 
Day 13 might be my favourite so far, but I am overly fond of chai. Be sure to check in again tomorrow. There will be another link-up for this week's creations. And I'll be introducing you to some the guest bakers :)

Happy Baking
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)